CPython Hardware/IoT Other Hardware Unix pythonSee in schedule Download/View Slides
The talk will be a getting start guide on controlling hardware devices with Python. We know Python users are very keen on multitasking and always wish to know more about how it can be used in different tasks. This talk will help audiences exploring new Python skillset. Audiences may be inspired by this talk and apply it to many scenarios, e.g., IoT and infrastructure automation.
Intended audiences include:
1. wish to know how Python can be used beyond data analysis and web dev
2. a Pythonista who interested in craft some touchable things
3. want to acquire something new into your Python skillset
Audiences are expected to have basic knowledge about:
1. Python syntax and control flow
2. Computer and operating system (especially UNIX)
After this talk, audiences will have:
1. The basic idea of controlling devices with Python
2. Expanding their Python skillset. Know how to use Python in another interesting and useful task besides ML, web scrapping, etc.
Type: Talk (30 mins); Python level: Beginner; Domain level: Beginner
A research engineer worked on backend/SRE/DevOps, experienced in implementing and maintaining distributed/software-defined storage service at scale. PSF contributing member. Helping out at @coscup and @PyConTW.